October is National Bullying Prevention Month! In the United States, about one in four kids is bullied on a regular basis. Bullying and cyberbullying, bullying that takes place using electronic technology, are forms of youth violence that can lead to physical injury, emotional distress or death. According to studies by Yale University, victims of bullying are two to nine times more likely to consider suicide than non-victims. It has become a national crisis and parents and educators must take a stand against bullying! Below are valuable resources with information on how to identify bullying at home or in a school setting, and strategies on how to prevent it.
- Scholastic Parents – Parent guide and resources to bullying and bullying prevention
- Stopbullying.gov – Engage Parents & Youth
- Stopbullying.gov – Prevent Cyberbullying
- Cyberbullying Research Center – Resources for Parents
- Bullying FAQs from 2.5 Kids
- Alverno College’s Best Practices for Bullying Prevention…
View original post 169 more words