Another thing I have been learning in my ministry to people who are going through extreme difficulty is that the struggle with “why” and “where was God” is normal.
There are some things that happen to us that literally rock our world right to the core. Some of life’s storms can cut so deep and rage and ravage for so long, we wonder if the pain will ever stop. When those times come, they can challenge everything we know to be true. Faith, in these times, can be a real struggle to say the least.
I have heard people say things like:
- “Where was God when I needed Him most?”
- “I feel like God just up and left me.”
- “How could God have let that happen?”
- “I’m really angry at God right now!”
- “I can’t pray anymore; I don’t even want to!”
When we hear questions and statements like these…
View original post 631 more words